From submitting your application to admission to registration, Northwood Tech is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, Northwood Tech has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a Northwood Tech application, and Northwood Tech will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full Northwood Tech experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
- Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if previously submitted)
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED certificate; current high school seniors must provide both a current high school transcript and a final (official) transcript with confer date
- Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
- Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
- Complete admissions meeting with a Northwood Tech counselor (academic admission requirements apply)
2022-23 Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Additional Information will be available April 2022.
2022-23 Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Transfer Track Additional Information will be available April 2022.
- Submit Background Check fee
- Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, National Criminal Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable), and other states, if applicable
- Pass a physical exam, have current immunizations, and demonstrate negative status for tuberculosis (Tb)
- Decision to not receive vaccinations may limit ability to obtain clinical placement based upon meeting site placement requirements
- Possess current certification of “CPR for Healthcare Providers” or equivalent
- Review and sign Health Sciences Confidentiality Statement
- Participate in a mandatory program orientation session
2022-23 Occupational Therapy Assistant Student Handbook
2022-23 Health Sciences & Occupational Therapy Assistant Student Policies will be available August 2022.
2022-23 OTA Fieldwork Handbook
Spring 2023 Fieldwork Level II dates: TBD
2022-23 Fieldwork Handbook Policies and Spring 2023 dates will be available August 2022.
OTA Program Orientation-Fall 2022
2022-23 Occupational Therapy Assistant Orientation documents will be available April 2022.
2022-23 OTA Reentry documents will be available August 2022.
Instructions for Withdrawal from OTA Core Courses
If you are at this webpage, it means your OTA Academic Advisor has been notified that you dropped your OTA course (10-514-xxx) courses.
If you are withdrawing from your OTA core (10-514-xxx) courses, the OTA program would like to gather data regarding your decision to withdraw. This data is useful in the OTA planning process. Thank you for providing this information.
- Reentry students have priority reentry status for one year. For example, if you leave the program, during or at the end of the Fall 2020 semester, you will maintain priority reentry until Fall 2021. Should you decide to postpone your reentry to the OTA program during the priority year, you will forfeit your priority reentry status and will be eligible for reentry after other students waiting to reenter have had the opportunity to reenter.
- Please carefully review the Withdrawal from the OTA Program form. You may complete the form electronically and email to email@example.com or print and mail this form within one month of your exiting the program to the following address:
- Becky Mika
- 2100 Beaser Ave
- Ashland WI 54807
- If you are planning on returning to the WITC OTA program, please review the Reentry process and complete the Intent to Reenter form.
- If you have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Becky Mika, OTA Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800/243-9482 x3184.
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your Northwood Tech email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.