From submitting your application to admission to registration, Northwood Tech is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, Northwood Tech has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a Northwood Tech application (no application fee required), and Northwood Tech will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full Northwood Tech experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
- Complete application/registration process and submit registration fee
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED certificate; current high school seniors must provide both a current high school transcript and a final (official) transcript with confer date
- Review and sign the Background Check Disclosure
- Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
2022-23 Phlebotomy Program Additional Information will be available April 2022.
- Submit Background Check Fee
- Have acceptable results based on the Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, National Criminal Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable), and other states, if applicable
- Pass a physical exam, have current immunizations, and demonstrate negative status for Tuberculosis (Tb)
- Decision to not receive vaccinations may limit ability to obtain clinical placement based upon meeting site placement requirements
- Review and sign Health Sciences Confidentiality Statement
- Possess current certification of "CPR for Healthcare Providers" or equivalent
- Participate in a mandatory program orientation scheduled prior to start of classes
Phlebotomy Student Handbook Academic Year 2022-2023
2022-23 Health Sciences & Phlebotomy Student Policies will be available August 2022
Phlebotomy Orientation - Fall 2022
2022-23 Phlebotomy Orientation documents will be available April 2022.
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your Northwood Tech email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.