From submitting your application to admission to registration, Northwood Tech is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, Northwood Tech has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a Northwood Tech application, and Northwood Tech will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full Northwood Tech experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
- Submit required Background Check information and fee
- Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check and/or Minnesota Caregiver Background Check, as applicable
- Information from the Caregiver Background Check may affect ability to secure fieldwork placement and the ability to find employment after graduation
- Complete Staff Health Report - Child Care Provider form (physical form)
- COVID vaccination---highly recommended
- NOTE: Northwood Technical College cannot guarantee practicum placement or ability to progress in the program if a student is not able to meet the practicum site requirements including but not limited to; influenza vaccine, covid vaccine, negative tb skin test/quantiferon, up to date acceptable background check, or any other practicum requirements required by the practicum site. Northwood Technical College cannot guarantee practicum placement if the practicum site must be changed due to students inability to meet the site specific requirements. Many sites require the student information 4-6 weeks prior to the practicum start date.
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your Northwood Tech email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.