Mission, Vision and Values
Mission - Learning First
Learning is our passion. As Northwest Wisconsin’s leader in technical education, Northwood Technical College creates dynamic opportunities for career preparation and personal growth. We are committed to making each and every experience with us meaningful and professional.
Vision - An Innovative Journey
Education is a lifelong journey of learning and discovery. We embrace innovative theories, techniques, and technologies to ensure success in a changing world.
Empowerment - We value an engaging and supportive environment that inspires learners to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Excellence - We value high quality training, professional development, and customer service in a dynamic learning environment.
Innovation - We value flexible delivery options and embrace the latest theories and technologies to meet individual learners' needs.
Integrity - We value honesty, accountability, and diversity in an open and ethical environment.
Collaboration - We value partnerships that enhance learning, promote economic development, and improve quality of life.
Learning College Tenets
Quality and continuous improvement are expected in all aspects of the college.
- Quality and continuous improvement in people, processes, services, initiatives and projects are valued, encouraged, assessed and expected throughout the college.
Learning environments are created and nurtured to maximize personal success.
- Learning environments, including atmosphere, modes of delivery and physical spaces for students and staff, will be created and nurtured to support personal growth and success.
Decision-making is collaborative and research based.
- Research, dialogue and formal and informal consultations will be the basis for major decisions at all levels of the college.
Leadership is based on talent and vision.
- Individuals will be sought out to provide leadership based on their individual talents, abilities and understanding of Northwood Tech's future directions rather than their position in the organization.
All individuals are valued.
- All individuals (staff, students, and community members) are valuable to the vitality of Northwood Tech. The talents of each are considered necessary for the college to fulfill its mission and aspire towards its vision.
Students and staff are both teachers and learners.
- In Northwood Tech's collaborative learning environment, each individual is expected to be both a learner and a teacher. This belief enhances and expands the learning potential of everyone involved with the college.
Diversity is respected and embraced.
- Diversity implies being open to new and different ideas. It also implies respect for and appreciation of all staff, students and members of the community. Diversity is embraced at Northwood Tech as a means of enriching relationships and enhancing collaboration.
Dialogue takes place in a safe, open, empathetic, and respectful environment.
- Since dialogue is used in a Learning College to make critical decisions and create shared understanding, it is imperative that individuals feel the environment is non-threatening and their contributions are welcome.
Risk-taking is encouraged.
- As Northwood Tech's Learning College evolves, individuals and groups are encouraged to think out-of-the-box. Mistakes are OK – even expected – when trying new ideas.