From submitting your application to admission to registration, Northwood Tech is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, Northwood Tech has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
- Complete Online application form
- Be at least 17 years old
- Attend a mandatory program orientation session scheduled prior to start of class
- Pay fee and have acceptable results based on the Wisconsin Criminal History Record Check, Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable), and/or other states, if applicable
- Information from the Caregiver Background Check may affect ability to obtain Training Permit from the State of Wisconsin
- Provide current immunizations by the first day of class.
- Decision not to receive vaccinations may limit ability to obtain clinical placement based upon meeting site placement requirements
- Demonstrate negative status for tuberculosis (Tb) by the first day of class.
- Provide two negative Mantoux Tests (skin tests) or one blood draw test (Quanti-FERON Gold or T-Spot)
- Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
- Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
- Submit Background Information Disclosure (BID) Statement
- Complete Northwood Tech Authorization to Release Student Record Information with third party agency sponsor
- Review and sign EMT Confidentiality Statement of Understanding Form
NOTE: Students will be required to complete the mandatory 47531437 BLS Basic Life Support or equivalent three weeks after the start of the program (BLS Basic Life Support is scheduled within the program).
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your Northwood Tech email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.