University Transfer Degree
Associate to Bachelor's Arts
61 Credits | 2 Years
Financial Aid Eligible
Online or Online Live
Academic Partnership with University of Wisconsin-Superior
Start at Northwood Tech...Go anywhere! Take the first step toward a lifetime of learning with the University Transfer Degree - Associate to Bachelor's/Arts. This associate degree will provide you with the essential general studies courses you need to transfer into a university. Completion of the full Associate degree allows for maximum transfer.
With the University Transfer Degree, Associate to Bachelor's/Arts program, you will receive all the costs savings and the convenience of a liberal arts transfer degree while taking your classes Online or Online Live. The University Transfer Degree program is an academic partnership with UW-Superior; however, Northwood Tech awards the degree and financial aid is awarded by Northwood Tech.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to transfer to most public or private colleges and universities, both inside and outside of Wisconsin. Up to 72 credits may transfer to satisfy university general education requirements (additional courses may be needed for specific majors or licensure requirements). Completion of the full Associate to Bachelor's/Arts allows for maximum transfer. Typical transfer areas of study include English, Art, Humanities, Modern Language and Communication.
University Transfer Degree - Associate to Bachelor's/Arts graduates will obtain skills in:
- Communication: Communicate with varied audiences by actively listening, reading and comprehending written materials, and synthesizing and organizing information for diverse audiences.
- Critical Thinking: Use identified critical thinking skills to pose questions, process information and make decisions.
- Ethics: Demonstrate professional behaviors.
- Global Awareness: Recognize the contributions of diverse cultures, historical periods, and art forms to the improvement of the human condition in a global society.
- Inclusive Social Interaction: Engage in collaborative activities toward a shared goal.
- Mathematical Principles: Compute and analyze quantitative data using mathematical, statistical and/or logical methods to solve problems.
- Science: Explore physical and social environments using scientific tools and methods.
- Technology: Access, evaluate, and use information technology to support academic, community, and career-related interests.
- Self-determination: Exhibit awareness and skills necessary to succeed in increasingly challenging academic environments.
By completing your general studies requirements at Northwood Tech and transferring credits to a four-year university, you can save up to $10,000 in tuition costs. Transfer up to 72 credits to any University of Wisconsin institution, as well as many Wisconsin private colleges and Minnesota or Michigan state institutions, and satisfy university general education requirements.
Attend classes online and/or live from anywhere.
Transfer credits to a four-year university.
Obtain skills that are applicable in any career.
Complete the Associate to Bachelor's/Arts degree from anywhere! It is available through a blend of both Online or Online Live.
Start Here...Go Anywhere
Regardless of what your goals are, you can start at Northwood Tech and take your degree to the college of your choice.
Traditional College Experience
Northwood Tech offers housing options at select campuses, opportunities to get involved with student life and clubs, and participate in campus events.
Multiple Course Start Dates
You can begin taking classes in the fall, summer or spring when you're ready to start. For select programs and classes, Northwood Tech offers four start dates during fall and spring term and one over the summer, so you're never far away from beginning your classes.
The program is comprised of courses from nine different areas of studies such as English, Speech, Humanities, Social Science, Mathematics, Natural Science, Health/Wellness, Diversity and Ethnic Studies, World Language and electives.
Admissions and Tuition
Northwood Tech has a simple admission process that can be completed in one visit. Please see the details under the "Requirements and Application" section to get you started.
Tuition and Fees
Northwood Tech breaks down the cost of education, so you'll have a good idea of how much your education will cost.
Financial aid is available to help you pay for your education. It can come in the form of grants, loans, federal work study, military and veterans benefits, division of vocational rehabilitation benefits and scholarships.
Estimated Total Program Costs 2022-23*
University Transfer Degree
Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts
61 Credits | 2 Years
*Tuition is an estimate and does not include any miscellaneous fees for various courses, tools, books, supplies or uniforms. Program book costs are in addition to tuition and fees and vary depending on course selection and where the books are purchased or rented.
After the Northwood Tech University Transfer Degree Program
Upon completion of the program, you will obtain an Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts degree from Northwood Tech.
Based on your area of emphasis and courses taken, you will be well prepared to pursue your bachelor's degree at the university of your choice.