Northwood Tech 2020-2021 Graduate Follow-Up Survey
Employed in Related Field
Employed in a Related Field
Northwood Tech 2020-2021 Graduate Follow-Up Survey
$59,506 - $123,542
Range of Yearly Salary
Northwood Tech 2020-2021 Graduate Follow-Up Survey
Typical positions available after graduation include:
Registered nurses (RNs) provide and coordinate patient care, educate patients and the public about various health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members.
After you complete your Nursing - Associate Degree at Northwood Tech, you can transfer to another college to continue your education and earn your bachelor's degree and beyond.
Hear From Graduates
"In healthcare, you need a good educational foundation. We had wonderful instructors at Northwood Tech, and they made you work hard. It lit a fire and showed me what was possible. I thought, 'If I can do this, I can do everything.' It was a solid basis for nursing."
RN (ADN) Statements of Graduation have been uploaded to LicensE portals and submitted to the MN Board of Nursing. Please give them 3 weeks to process the statements and update your status.
Other (LPN) Statements of Graduation have been uploaded to LicensE portals and and submitted to the MN Board of Nursing. Please give them 3 weeks to process the statements and update your status. It is going to take a bit more time to get the PN NCLEX eligibility milestone added to your transcript, so please don't request an official transcript until this notice is updated. A transcript is not required to sit for PN NCLEX.
If you haven't received an ATT (Authorization to Test) by June 17, please contact Lisa Hall at lisa.hall@NorthwoodTech.edu.
Please note we are still in the process of changing the college name to Northwood Technical College and the address to the Rice Lake location. Pearson VUE and/or boards of nursing may still indicate WITC. You may proceed with your applications using WITC and/or the Shell Lake location.
- Information for RN Graduates & LPN-Eligible Students
- Student Responsibilities
- Login to MyNorthwoodTech to access the email from the Registrar about the graduation ceremony. Complete the Graduation information form and submit to Student Services. You will need to complete this form whether or not you plan to attend the graduation ceremony.
- Ensure all of your Northwood Tech accounts are paid and that you do not owe money to Northwood Tech.
- Ensure your high school transcript is on file with Northwood Tech in Student Services.
- Ensure all required courses have been completed with a "C" or better, and/or credit for prior learning has been processed.
- The following courses must be completed in order for a student to be PN-NCLEX eligible:
- 543-101 through 543-108 courses
- English Composition 1 (or Written Communication, depending on when you started the program)
- Developmental Psychology
- Oral/Interpersonal Communication or Speech
- General Anatomy & Physiology
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology
- Complete appropriate state and NCLEX application
- Please make sure you are completing the application for the state in which you want to be licensed
- Each state requires its own form form and one state's form cannot be substituted for another
- Check your email for information/problems with your Northwood Tech record and/or WI Statement of Graduation or MN Confirmation of Program Completion form
- Transcripts are not required when applying for Licensure by Exam.
- If you have questions or concerns about the process, please don't hesitate to contact your instructor.
- Student Responsibilities
- Timeline and Authorization to Test (ATT)
- The process of auditing and conferring degrees takes time.
- Northwood Tech classes end: May 13, 2022
- Northwood Tech grades are due: May 24, 2022
- Northwood Tech requires 15 business days to audit/confer degrees and submit graduation information to Boards of Nursing: June 15, 2022
- Boards of Nursing require 3 weeks to process applications AFTER receiving graduation information: July 6, 2022
- If you haven't received an ATT by July 8, 2022, please contact Lisa Hall at lisa.hall@NorthwoodTech.edu and include your Student ID, campus, exam application (RN or LPN), and state applied to.
- In order to give Northwood Tech and the Boards of Nursing time to process all the paperwork, Northwood Tech will not respond to any inquiries regarding the status of the process until after July 8.
- After June 15, 2022, please check this webpage for updated information as to when graduation forms were approved/submitted to the boards of Nursing.
- This web page and your student email will be the only notifications you will receive.
- PN-Eligible Milestones will be added to student records in June 2022. The milestone is not required to be on the transcript to sit for the exam.
- NCLEX application (Pearson VUE)
- NCSBN provides additional information about the exam. This is a really good place to start if you have questions about the exam! NCLEX Info Fact Sheet
- When you're ready, complete the online NCLEX application, which is administered by Pearson VUE.
- To get started, type in NCLEX after "Ready, set, test" and then choose NCLEX Examinations-NCSBN. This wil take you to a new window where you should click on "Registration Process". Choose Register Now (for a new account with Pearson VUE) or Sign In (if you have an existing account with Pearson VUE).
- Program Information:
Program Code: PN-US50100300; RN-US50407200
City & State of School of Nursing: RICE LAKE WI
- Pay using a credit, debit or prepaid card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express only)
- NCLEX is a national exam. View testing sites
- If this is your first time registering with Pearson VUE, please write down your User ID and/or User Name, Password, Email address used, and/or security question(s) as you will need this information to access the site later.
- Before you can take the NCLEX, you'll need an Authorization to Test (ATT). To get this, you'll need to apply to the state board of nursing (also known as NRB-nursing regulatory body) where you want to be licensed. You should complete the state application as soon as you complete the NCLEX application.
- Wisconsin Licensure Application for May 2022 Graduates (RN and LPN Licensure) - Updated 5/16/2022
The Department of Safety and Professional Services has launched LicensE - the new Online Self-Guided Application System. All RN and LPN applicants are required to apply via the new system. Paper applications submitted to DSPS will be returned to the applicant.
The following LicensE items can be found on their LicensE Customer Information page: User FAQs, Customer Portal (register, create an account, and apply for licensure), User Guides and Videos
Questions, concerns, error messages, etc., about the process or Customer Portal should be directed to DSPS.
Students should apply for a single-state WI license (not a multi-state license). Applying for a multi-state license takes longer, requires fingerprinting, in addition to other requirements, and still will not allow you to work in MN as MN does not currently participate in the NLC program.
Nursing School Name: Northwood Technical College (may still be listed as Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College)
School Address: Shell Lake WI USA (or Rice Lake, WI USA)
Completion/Graduation/Confer Date: May 13, 2022 (If graduating other than May 2022, the completion/graduation/confer date can be found by running an unofficial transcript through MyNorthwoodTech.)
Type of Degree/Program: RN (ADN) or Other (LPN) - completed the portion of the RN program needed to obtain a certificate of completion in practical nursing
- Pay appropriate fees
- Since this will be your first time creating an account in LicensE, please write down your User ID and/or User Name, Password, Email address used, and/or security question(s) as you will need this information to access the site later.
- All Wisconsin licensure applicants MUST complete the APPLICANT section of the applicable WI Board Approved Statement of Graduation or Completion (link below) and email it as a PDF attachment to Lisa Hall at lisa.hall@NorthwoodTech.edu. Do NOT submit this form as a picture taken from your phone as this cannot be submitted to DSPS. It must be scanned and emailed as a PDF.
- The Statement of Graduation MUST INCLUDE YOUR APPLICATION NUMBER. Do not add any information to the WI BOARD-APPROVED SCHOOL section. Lisa will add the school information to this section.
- You will not receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) until this form has been emailed to Lisa. She will verify graduation, add the school information to the form, and upload to your application via the Third-Party Document Upload section in LicensE - this is why the Application Number is critical!
- RN - WI Board Approved Statement of Graduation or Completion-May 2022
- LPN - WI Board Approved Statement of Graduation or Completion-May 2022
- Northwood Tech will upload Statements of Graduation weekly as needed.
- Minnesota Licensure Application for May 2022 Graduates (RN and LPN Licensure)
- Minnesota requires background checks prior to licensure.
- 1. Apply online for the applicable license using the Licensure by Examination Application link
- 2. Name of School of Nursing: Northwood Technical College (previously known as Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College)
- 3. Program Code: PN-US50100300; RN-US50407200
- 4. City & State of School of Nursing: Shell Lake, WI
- 5. Authorize the release of exam results to school of nursing
- 6. Graduation/Completion/Confer Date: May 13, 2022
- 7. Pay appropriate fees
- All Minnesota licensure applicants MUST complete the APPLICANT section of the applicable Confirmation of Program Completion for Licensure by Examination (link below) and email it as a PDF attachment to Lisa Hall at lisa.hall@NorthwoodTech.edu. Do NOT submit this form as a picture taken from your phone as this cannot be submitted to the Board of Nursing. It must be scanned and emailed as a PDF.
- RN - MN Confirmation of Program Completion for Licensure by Examination-May 2022 You will not receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) until this form has been emailed to Lisa and she submits to MN Board of Nursing.
- LPN - MN Confirmation of Program Completion for Licensure by Examination-May 2022 You will not receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) until this form has been emailed to Lisa and she submits to MN Board of Nursing.
- If this is your first time creating an account with MN Board of Nursing, please write down your User ID and/or User Name, Password, Email address used, and/or security question(s) as you will need this information to access the site later.
- Forms are submitted weekly to the MN Board of Nursing.
- Other Northwood Tech Graduate Licensure Applicants (non-May 2022 graduates)
- If you are a Northwood Tech graduate that previously sat for NCLEX, received licensure in another state, and now want to be licensed in Wisconsin, Minnesota, or another state, you should Apply for Licensure via Endorsement.
- WISCONSIN: apply via LicensE, complete the APPLICANT section of Form #259 WI Statement of Graduation, with the appropriate Type of Degree (RN or LPN) checked, and email as a PDF attachment to Lisa Hall at lisa.hall@NorthwoodTech.edu.
- MINNESOTA: complete the online application. The APPLICANT section of the Minnesota Confirmation of Program Completion should be completed, along with the appropriate Program Type (Registered Nurse or Practical/Vocational Nurse) checked, and emailed as a PDF attachment to Lisa Hall at lisa.hall@NorthwoodTech.edu.
- Do NOT submit either the WI or MN form as a picture taken from your phone as these cannot be submitted to the Boards of Nursing.
- Your RN confer date or PN Milestone date can be found by running an unofficial transcript through MyNorthwoodTech.
- If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Hall at lisa.hall@NorthwoodTech.edu.
- Testing Accommodations
- Testing accommodations for otherwise qualified candidates can be provided only with the authorization of your nursing regulatory body (NRB) also known as State Board of Nursing. Send your request to your NRB as early as possible so that, if approved, the testing accommodations can be made in a timely manner. Do not schedule an appointment to take the NCLEX until you have received written confirmation of your accommodations and your ATT email listing the granted accommodations.
- Wisconsin RN Licensure
- Wisconsin PN Licensure
- Minnesota RN Licensure
- Minnesota PN Licensure
- Pearson VUE (click on Download Publication-under 2022 NCLEX Candidate Bulletin-and scroll to Testing Accommodations)
- Nurse Licensure Compact (multi-state licensure)