From submitting your application to admission to registration, Northwood Tech is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, Northwood Tech has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a Northwood Tech application, and Northwood Tech will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full Northwood Tech experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
Complete Online application form
Be at least 16 years old at class start
Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
Review and sign Health Sciences Confidentiality Statement
2023-24 Nursing Assistant Additional Program Information
Nursing Assistant Program FAQs
Title IX Information-Know Your Rights: Pregnant or Parenting?
Northwood Tech Accommodation Services
Search for upcoming Northwood Tech Nursing Assistant Courses
1) Prior to mandatory orientation, the following items must be completed:
- Submit Class Registration Form with Fee or Payment Authorization Form
Submit Background Check fee
2) Prior to the start of class, attend a mandatory orientation session.
3) At the mandatory orientation:
Complete, sign and initial Background Information Disclosure (BID)
Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check
Information from the Caregiver Background check may affect ability to secure clinical placement and the student may be excused from the program.
4) By the first day of class, the following must be completed:
Demonstrate negative status for tuberculosis (Tb
COVID vaccination---highly recommended
NOTE: Northwood Technical College cannot guarantee clinical placement or ability to progress in the program if a student is not able to meet the clinical site requirements including but not limited to; influenza vaccine, covid vaccine, negative tb skin test or QuantiFERON®-TB Gold In-Tube test (QFT-GIT) or T-SPOT®.TB test (T-Spot), up to date acceptable background check, or any other clinical requirements required by the clinical site. Northwood Technical College cannot guarantee clinical placement if the clinical site must be changed due to students inability to meet the site specific requirements. Many sites require the student information 4-6 weeks prior to the clinical start date.
How to Apply
The Nursing Assistant program offers the opportunity to work in a healthcare setting as a certified nursing assistant (CNA) and is also a prerequisite to the Northwood Tech Associate Degree Nursing program. Because the Nursing Assistant program is approved by the State of Wisconsin’s Department of Health Services, the application process has very specific requirements for entry into our program.
Please contact your local Student Services office for more information.
Nursing Assistant Orientation
All NA students are required to attend a program orientation scheduled approximately two weeks prior to start of class. Detailed information will be provided prior to the scheduled orientation date.
- Read, complete and provide at the program orientation:
- Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check Disclosure - listed above under Admission Requirements. Read the disclosure and initial and sign the second page. This will be discussed in further detail at the program orientation. The clinical agencies that host the Northwood Tech Nursing Assistant students have significantly increased their demands for background check scrutiny over the past several years. All Nursing Assistant students are required to complete a Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check and it must be completed within 90 days of the start of the of the program. If the scheduled clinical agencies will not accept the student based on the background check history, the student must be excused from the NA program.
- Student Identification Information Form - all Nursing Assistant students are required to complete this document.
- NA Program Checklist - required prior to 1st day of class:
- NA TB/Health Form 2023-24 requirements will be explained in further detail at the program orientation. Please do not make an appointment prior to the program orientation.
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your Northwood Tech email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.