Make the most of your educational experience by getting involved in campus life. Getting involved in campus life and student organizations provides an experience that you can't get from the classroom. You'll have additional opportunities to develop professional connections, make lifelong friendships and participate in experiences that will better prepare you for your future career.
Superior Student Life
A part of the college experience.
Why get involved?
Student life at Northwood Tech gives you all of the benefits of the college experience. Organizations like Student Senate and various program-related clubs can get you connected to your classmates, plus you'll learn more about yourself as you explore new experiences, take risks and expand your horizons.
Run by students for the students. Northwood Tech offers a range of organizations and program-related clubs so you can connect with your classmates, network with industry professionals and advance your education to the next level.
- Alumni Association
- The Alumni Association welcomes and encourages anyone who completed a Northwood Tech degree or diploma program, or any of Northwood Tech's courses, seminars or workshops to become a member of the Alumni Association. The Alumni Association meets periodically during the academic year, and there are no membership dues.
- Contact Club Advisor Brian Schroeder
- CAB (Campus Activities Board)
- The Campus Activities Board (CAB) is the student programming board for Northwood Tech. CAB sponsors a variety of fun and engaging programs that enrich our students' experience and enhance our campus community.
- Contact Club Advisor Becky Bourque
- Criminal Justice Club
- The purpose of the Criminal Justice Club is to provide an opportunity for professional growth in the field of corrections, giving participants experience in teamwork, organizational skills, leadership development, fun and excellence. Students assist with correction field workshops, educational fairs and a variety of learning experiences.
- Contact Club Advisor Danna Livingston
- Early Childhood Association
- Students have the opportunity to organize community events for children and families, attend local conferences, participate in fundraising activities and learn to be advocates for the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Contact Club Advisor Nora Ziburski
- Nursing Club
- The Nursing Club at Superior promotes the education of nursing students while enriching the student’s interface with the community. Non-traditional opportunities are provided outside of the classroom for those students who are interested. The goals of the club are: to develop leadership skills in the field of nursing, to develop a sense of individual responsibility, to allow opportunity to appreciate and implement the obligations of citizenship while being a nurse, and to develop an appreciation of civic and social obligations of those engaged in nursing.
- Contact Club Advisor Paula Persons
- Science Club
- The purpose of the Science Club is to provide a supportive club for science students, offering enhanced academic field trips and opportunities to advance student learning within the science field.
- Contact Club Advisor Lori Cypher
- Student Senate
- The Student Senate is the voice of the Northwood Tech student body. Our mission is to serve the needs of the student body through representation and collaboration. We strive to create an involved community for an enhanced learning experience.
- Contact Club Advisor Becky Bourque
- Welding Club
- The Welding Club promotes the art and science of welding and cutting of metal through the sharing of experience and information, following highly defined safety and use guidelines of equipment. The club looks to expand the base of knowledge in metal preparation, welding and assembly of metal through cooperative exchange of ideas and expertise.
- Contact Club Advisor Aleasha Hladilek
Superior is a unique area located on the western tip of the Lake Superior. The area is known for incredible scenery, a rich history, and year-round recreational opportunities, the area has much to offer including both historical and natural sites, as well as industry and a growing economy
The campus is centrally located to theaters, trails, restaurants, breweries, waterfalls and other stunning scenery. The campus offers smaller class sizes and a welcoming atmosphere, yet it is big enough to provide a diverse setting where you'll meet others who have similar interests as you.
Food service is available in the form of a college à la carte cafeteria and vending machines are also available in the student lounge area.
The Lunch Express hours are posted in the food services area. Food Service for groups is also available by special request.
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Arts and Culture
Superior is centrally located to many nearby attractions.
In addition the many lakes, rivers and streams, waterfront trails and Wisconsin's largest waterfall are all located minutes from campus, there are concerts expos, marathons, museums, theaters, sporting events, shopping and endless other outdoor recreational opportunities. These factors all help make Superior the ideal environment for learning and for living.
Northwood Tech does not provide childcare services. Please visit the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families to search services in your area. You may also check your local county Human Services or Social Services department for a list of licensed childcare providers.
Get the Northwood Tech experience
Attend an event or schedule a campus tour/program shadow.
Superior Campus Services
Northwood Tech offers a variety of Campus Services to help ensure your success.