From submitting your application to admission to registration, Northwood Tech is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, Northwood Tech has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a Northwood Tech application. Connect with the admissions team and Gerontology faculty virtually and/or in person at any one of our campus locations. Once you’re admitted a counselor and/or your Gerontology program advisor can help you select courses and answer any questions you may have about your education journey at the College. If you’re not quite ready to become a student, shadow a class virtually or in person to meet fellow Gerontology students and your instructors.
- Submit Background Check fee
- Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check, and/or other states if applicable
- Information from the Caregiver Background Check may affect ability to secure fieldwork placement and the ability to find employment after graduation
- COVID vaccination---highly recommended
- NOTE: Northwood Technical College cannot guarantee fieldwork placement or ability to progress in the program if a student is not able to meet the fieldwork site requirements including but not limited to; influenza vaccine, covid vaccine, negative tb skin test or QuantiFERON®-TB Gold In-Tube test (QFT-GIT) or T-SPOT®.TB test (T-Spot), up to date acceptable background check, or any other fieldwork requirements required by the fieldwork site. Northwood Technical College cannot guarantee fieldwork placement if the fieldwork site must be changed due to students inability to meet the site specific requirements. Many sites require the student information 4-6 weeks prior to the fieldwork start date.
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your Northwood Tech email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.