From submitting your application to admission to registration, Northwood Tech is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, Northwood Tech has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a Northwood Tech application, and Northwood Tech will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full Northwood Tech experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
Admission to this program is based on the date the student completes all admission requirements and is first-come first-served.
Complete application form and submit with fee (fee waiver may apply if previously submitted)
Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary degree completion); note: required Accuplacer entrance assessment scores for core Nursing coursework are higher than pre-Nursing scores.
Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
Have earned a high school diploma or GED certificate; current high school seniors must provide both a current high school transcript and a final (official transcript with confer date prior to term start
Complete one year, or one credit, of high school chemistry or one credit of college-level chemistry with a 2.0 or better
Complete a Nursing Assistant course with grade of 2.0 or better
Complete admission meeting with a Northwood Tech counselor
Prior to attendance in core nursing coursework, students must:
- Submit Background Check fee
- Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, National Criminal Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable), and other states if applicable
- Pass a physical exam, have current immunizations, and demonstrate negative status for tuberculosis (Tb)
- Decision to not receive vaccinations may limit ability to obtain clinical placement based upon meeting site placement requirements
- Possess current certification of "CPR for Healthcare Providers" or the equivalent
- Review and sign Health Sciences Confidentiality Statement
- Participate in a mandatory program orientation session
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your Northwood Tech email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.