From submitting your application to admission to registration, Northwood Tech is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, Northwood Tech has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a Northwood Tech application, and Northwood Tech will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full Northwood Tech experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
Complete Online application form
Have earned a high school diploma or GED certificate; current high school seniors must provide both a current high school transcript and a final transcript with confer date
Provide proof of a current State of Wisconsin EMT license with expiration date
Review and sign EMT Proof of Licensure Disclosure
- Attend a mandatory program orientation session
- Have current immunizations by the first day of class
- Decision to not receive vaccinations may limit ability to obtain clinical placement based upon meeting site placement requirements
- Demonstrate negative status for tuberculosis (Tb) by the first day of class
- Provide two negative Mantoux Tests (skin tests) or one blood draw test (QuantiFERON®-TB Gold In-Tube test (QFT-GIT) or T-SPOT®.TB test (T-Spot)
- Pay fee and have acceptable results based on the Wisconsin Criminal History Record Check, Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable), and/or other states, if applicable
- Information from the Caregiver Background Check may affect your ability to secure clinical
- Review and sign EMT - Paramedic Confidentiality Statement of Understanding Form
- Submit signed Syllabi Form, Background Information Disclosure (BID) Form, and a Student ID Form
- Complete Northwood Tech Authorization to Release Student Record Information with third party agency sponsor
- Possess current certification of "BLS Basic Life Support" or equivalent
- Certification must remain active through the completion of the program
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your Northwood Tech email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.