From submitting your application to admission to registration, Northwood Tech is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, Northwood Tech has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
- Attend a mandatory program orientation session scheduled prior to start of class
- Pay fee and have acceptable results based on the Wisconsin Criminal History Record Check, Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable), and/or other states, if applicable
- Information from the Caregiver Background Check may affect your ability to secure obtain Training Permit from State of Wisconsin.
- Be affiliated with an Advanced EMT service approved by the Wisconsin EMS Unit or approval from the Training Center Medical Director
- Have current immunizations, and demonstrate negative status for tuberculosis (Tb) by the first day of class.
- Decision to not receive vaccinations may limit ability to obtain clinical placement based upon meeting site placement requirements
- Possess current certification of "BLS Basic Life Support" or equivalent
- Certification must remain active through the completion of the program
- Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
- Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
- Submit Background Information Disclosure (BID) Statement
- Complete Northwood Tech Authorization to Release Student Record Information with third party agency sponsor
- Review and sign Advanced EMT Confidentiality Statement of Understanding Form
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your Northwood Tech email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.