Northwood Tech allows students who meet certain criteria, to charge their books and supplies at any Northwood Tech bookstore. Funds will be available within 24 hours after all requirements have been met.
Who will be allowed to charge?
Any student who:
- Has granted Northwood Tech permission to take the required book/supply charges out of their financial aid, for instructions download the "Accepting Permissions for Bookstore Charges" document, and
- Has been awarded financial aid, and
- Federal Stafford Loan recipients, this includes completing your Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling
- Will have money left over after their account balance is deducted from financial aid (minimum of $20, maximum of $5,000), and
- Is enrolled in at least 1 credit for the term, and
- Has an active email address on file, and
- Has no overdue balance on their account (students can check their account in MyNorthwoodTech)
What can students charge?
Students, who meet the requirements, can charge books and supplies up to the amount of financial aid LESS any student account balance. If required books and supplies cost MORE than the financial aid monies left over after the student account balance is deducted from financial aid, the student will be required to pay the difference when the books/supplies are given to the student. Federal Stafford loan awards will NOT be included in the amount allowed to charge against if Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note have NOT been completed.
Allowable bookstore charges:
- Students may use Financial Aid to make purchases at a bookstore only for educationally related goods and services.
- Students are only allowed to charge required books and supplies to their account.
- General apparel is not an educationally related expense and cannot be charged to the student's account.
- Required uniforms may be charged to the student's account.
When can students start charging at the campus bookstore?
- Summer 2022
- Fall 2022
- Spring 2023
I'm ready to charge my books:
- If you meet all of the eligibility requirements, you will have a Hold indicator on your MyNorthwoodTech Student Center account labeled "FA Bookstore Charge Eligible" which will include the dollar amount you are able to charge.
- To use the book charge funds during the specified dates: go to any Northwood Tech bookstore with your class schedule or order your books online at any Northwood Tech bookstore.
- After books are purchased, the charges will appear on your MyNorthwoodTech Student Center account.
- Keep a copy of your receipt in case you need to return items. Charged books may be returned according to the bookstore return policy.
- If you are not eligible for financial aid or if our aid changes, it is your responsibility to pay any bookstore charges.
- Once the Book Charge Process time period has expired, you will need to purchase books and/or supplies on your own.
Q & A for Charging Books Against Financial Aid
If you have additional questions, contact student services at the campus you are attending.