From submitting your application to admission to registration, Northwood Tech is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, Northwood Tech has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a Northwood Tech application, and Northwood Tech will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full Northwood Tech experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
- Complete Online application form
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED certificate; current high school seniors must provide both a current high school transcript and a final (official) transcript with confer date
- Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
- Complete admissions meeting with a Northwood Tech counselor
2023-24 Medical Coding Specialist Additional Program Information
MCS and HIT Information Graphic
- Review and complete the computer skills inventory
- Review Medical Coding Specialist program orientation materials
- Meet with Medical Coding Specialist program advisor to determine program sequencing and completion goals
2023-2024 Medical Coding Specialist Student Handbook
2023-24 Health Sciences & Medical Coding Specialist Student Policies will be available August 2023.
Medical Coding Specialist Orientation-Fall 2023
2023-24 MCS Curriculum Checklist - to be used as a guide. Although your academic advisor can provide guidance, you are ultimately responsible for selecting courses that meet a program's graduation requirements.
- Complete & Give to Instructor
- Functional Abilities Disclosure - See the form listed above, under Admission Requirements. Read the functions and initial/sign the last page as described. Submit to instructor by designated due date.
- Health Sciences Confidentiality Statement
- MCS Computer Skills Inventory
- Additional Information
- 2023-24 MCS Program Cost Sheet
- MCS Textlist - Fall 2023
- Insurance Information
- Student Biographical Change Request - please print and use this form if you change your name, address, or phone number(s). You should submit it to your local Student Services to be certain that the changes are entered in the main computer system.
Medical Coding Specialist Withdrawal
Instructions for Withdrawal from MCS Core Courses
If you are at this webpage, it means your MCS Academic Advisor has been notified that you dropped your MCS course (530-xxx) courses.
If you are withdrawing from your MCS core (530-xxx) courses, the MCS program would like to gather data regarding your decision to withdraw. This data is useful in the MCS planning process. Thank you for providing this information.
Please carefully review the Withdrawal from the MCS Program form. Please complete the form electronically and email to amanda.abrahamson@NorthwoodTech.edu.
If you have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact Amanda Abrahamson, MCS Program Director, at amanda.abrahamson@NorthwoodTech.edu or 715.246.1801.
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your Northwood Tech email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.