From submitting your application to admission to registration, Northwood Tech is available to help guide you through the admissions process. To help you successfully complete this program, Northwood Tech has developed a set of program requirements and functional ability criteria. For students with a disability, reasonable accommodations are available to help you be successful in the program of your choice.
The first step to get admitted is to fill out a Northwood Tech application, and Northwood Tech will guide you from there. If you're not quite ready to become a student, visit a campus to get the full Northwood Tech experience. A campus tour will give you the opportunity to meet staff, instructors and students, tour the campus and get a real feel for the campus culture.
Nursing - Associate Degree (Part Time)
Admission to the program is based on the date the student completes all admissions requirements and is first-come first-served.
- Complete Online application form
- Complete Accuplacer entrance assessment to determine placement (waiver may apply with acceptable alternative test scores and/or postsecondary degree completion); NOTE: Core Nursing Accuplacer entrance assessment scores required
- Review and sign Background Check Disclosure
- Review and sign Functional Abilities Disclosure
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED certificate; current high school seniors must provide both a current high school transcript and a final (official) transcript with confer date prior to term start
- Complete one year, or one credit, of high school chemistry or one credit of college-level chemistry with a 2.0 or better
- Complete a Nursing Assistant course with grade of 2.0 or better
- Complete admissions meeting with a Northwood Tech counselor
Prior to attendance in core Nursing coursework, student must:
- Submit Background Check fee
- Have an acceptable Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check, National Criminal Background Check, Minnesota Caregiver Background Check (if applicable), and other states if applicable
- Pass a physical exam, have current immunizations, and demonstrate negative status for tuberculosis (Tb)
- COVID vaccination---highly recommended
- NOTE: Northwood Technical College cannot guarantee clinical placement or ability to progress in the program if a student is not able to meet the clinical site requirements including but not limited to; influenza vaccine, covid vaccine, negative tb skin test/quantiferon, up to date acceptable background check, or any other clinical requirements required by the clinical site. Northwood Technical College cannot guarantee clinical placement if the clinical site must be changed due to students inability to meet the site specific requirements. Many sites require the student information 4-6 weeks prior to the clinical start date.
- Possess current certification of "BLS Basic Life Support" or the equivalent
- Review and sign Health Sciences Confidentiality Statement
- Participate in a mandatory program orientation session
If using Macintosh or Linux based computers, coursework must be submitted using your Office365 tools provided with your Northwood Tech email account. It is important to verify with your Program Faculty if non-Windows based computers are acceptable in the program.